Have you ever been too kind to someone, only to find out that they took advantage of it?
You are not the only one; it is admirable to be kind and helpful, but some people see this trait as a way to exploit others.
This blog post will explore some quotes that provoke thoughts about the dangers of being too nice.
These quotes will give you some insight as to why being too nice is harmful; these quotes will inspire you to prioritize your needs and set healthy boundaries.
It’s important to learn how to set boundaries and say no when necessary. Do not let anyone take advantage of your kindness or respect.
Table of Contents
What Are The Benefits Of Reading Being Used Quotes?
If you are tired of hearing someone say they love you but never act like it, you will want to read and learn from some of these quotes.
It is important to stand up for yourself if someone takes advantage of you.
This collection of quotes about being used will:
- Open your eyes to what you deserve
- Give you the courage to set boundaries and stand up for yourself
- Understand your worth
Healthy relationships and friendships will nourish you and not leave you feeling that you have been taken for granted.
These quotes about being used by friends and family are powerful reminders that you’re worth better than to be treated like that.
Quotes About Being Too Nice And Taken Advantage Of
- “It’s not about being taken advantage of; it’s about not allowing yourself to be taken advantage of.” – Tony Gaskins.
- “If you do not value yourself, then don’t expect others to.” – Unknown.
- “You teach others how to treat you based on what you allow, stop and reinforce.” – Tony Gaskins.
- “When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” – Paulo Coelho.
- “You cannot control what other people do, but you can determine how you react.” – Unknown.
- “With all the toys on the planet, people choose feelings to be played with.” – Tyga.
- “Know when you are being taken advantage of.” – Agnes Bonas.
- “The cornerstone of civilized behavior is to be able to trust other people, even if you are aware that you might be exploited.” – Orlando Aloysius Battista.
- “We’ve all been there. You’re so happy doing what you enjoy that you end up being taken advantage of.” – Justin Timberlake.
- “I had been gullible, naive, soft, pliable. That’s why I got taken advantage of. To survive, you have to have a tough skin.” – Tia Carrere.
- “In our rough and rugged individualism, we think of gentleness as weakness, being soft and virtually spineless. Not so! Gentleness includes such enviable qualities as having strength under control, being calm and peaceful when surrounded by a heated atmosphere, emitting a soothing effect on those who may be angry or otherwise beside themselves, and possessing tact and gracious courtesy that causes others to retain their self-esteem and dignity. Instead of losing, the gentle gain. Instead of being ripped off and taken advantage of, they come out ahead!” – Charles R. Swindoll.
- “Some people are afraid of generosity. They feel they will be taken advantage of or oppressed. In cultivating generosity, we are only oppressing our greed and attachment. This allows our true nature to come out and become lighter and freer.” – Ajahn Chah.
- “Those who want to be good friends but don’t wisely choose good friends will be taken advantage of and abused. They will be neglected. And they will suffer because their stupid friend choices.” – Unknown.
- “Too many people take advantage of the trust that they are given.” – Unknown.
- “Just because I’m nice doesn’t mean you can take advantage of me.” – Unknown.
- “Being your own man does not mean taking advantage of anyone else.” – Unknown.
- “People don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.” – Unknown.
- “Don’t take advantage of a kind heart. You may never be offered one again.” – Unknown.
- “Characterize people by their actions, and you’ll never be fooled by their words.” – Unknown.
- “I hate liars, hypocrites, and people who take advantage of people who care about them.” – Unknown.
- “Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of.” – Bob Vanourek.
- “Make sure you understand the difference between being kind and being taken advantage of.” – Unknown.
- “What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things.”- Zelda Fitzgerald.
Quotes About Everyone Takes Advantage of Me And You
If you feel that everyone is taking advantage of you, you might be frustrated or feeling undervalued.
Here are some “everyone is taking advantage of me” quotes that might resonate with your feelings.
- “People who love themselves don’t harm others. “The more we hate ourselves, the more we want to see others suffer.” – Dan Pearce.
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain.
- “The only way to deal effectively with people who abuse you is to deny them the chance to do so.” – Unknown.
- “I’ve grown tired of being used; And I’m sick and tired of being accused; Now I’m walking away from you; And I’m not coming back.” – James Morrison.
- “Never allow someone to belittle your worth and make you feel inferior. You deserve better than that.” – unknown.
- “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and prioritize your happiness. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale.
- “You deserve to be treated with respect and kindness. Don’t settle for anything less.” – unknown.
- “Remember, people can only take advantage of you if you let them. Stand up for yourself and your worth.” – unknown.
- “Be careful what you tolerate. Some people have no problem with taking advantage of a good thing.” – Unknown.
- “You need to stop doing things for someone when you find out it’s expected rather than appreciated.” – Unknow.
- “Some people will only “love you” as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits stop.” – Unknown.
- “There comes a time in your life when you have to stop crossing oceans for people that won’t even jump puddles for you.” – Unknown.
- “Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who’s worth your kindness and who’s just taking advantage.” – Unknown.
- “Is that what love is? Using people? And maybe that’s what hate is – not being able to use people.”- Tennessee Williams.
- “If you allow people to make more withdrawals than deposits in your life, you will be out of balance and in the negative. Know when to close the account.” – Christie Williams.
Quotes About Being Taken Advantage of At Work
- “If you do not stand for anything, you will be a victim of everything.” – Malcolm X.
- “The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.” – Malcolm Forbes.
- “It’s not about how hard you work; it’s about how much you get done.” – Unknown.
- “Never be afraid to stand up for yourself. You may be surprised at how much respect you gain by speaking up.” – Unknown.
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou.
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson.
- “You have the power to create the life you want. Don’t let anyone take that power away from you.” – Unknown.
- “To be happy is to wisely use the power of saying NO to some people. Don’t be afraid to disappoint people who only conveniently remember you when they want something from you.” – Unknown.
- “You are still a good person when you say ‘No'” – Unknown.
- “Be a Good Samaritan and not a good doormat.” – Unknown.
- “Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness; I can be just as fierce as anyone when necessary.” – Unknown.
- “Taking advantage of someone’s kindness is a sign of weakness, not strength.” – Unknown.
- “I may be kind, but I’m not stupid. Don’t take advantage of my good nature.” – Unknown.
- “Kindness is a choice, but so is standing up for yourself when others take advantage of you.” – Unknown.
- “Taking advantage of someone’s generosity only shows your own lack of character.” – Unknown.
- “Don’t let others manipulate your kindness, stand up for yourself and set boundaries.” – Unknown.
Quotes About Being Taken Advantage of by Friends
Feeling taken advantage of by friends can be extremely hurtful.
These quotes may resonate with your feelings.
- “True friends are those who lift you up when no one else is around.” – Unknown.
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz.
- “You deserve friends who lift you up and make you feel good about yourself. Don’t settle for less.” – Unknown.
- “Kindness is not a weakness; it’s a strength. Don’t exploit it.” – Unknown.
- “Because she was a blank mural, you wrote all over her.” – Jasmine Sandozz.
- “And I’m counting down the moments until I am left alone; ‘Cause I’m done with being used to fill the hole in your soul.” – Keli Thomson.
- “Don’t take advantage of someone’s trust; once it’s broken, it’s hard to repair.” – Unknown.
- “Taking advantage of someone’s vulnerability is the lowest form of betrayal.” – Unknown.
- “Kindness is meant to be appreciated, not abused.” – Unknown.
- “When someone repeatedly takes advantage of your kindness, it’s time to rethink that relationship.” – Unknown.
- “Don’t use someone’s kindness as an opportunity to manipulate them for your own gain.” – Unknown.
- “It’s painful to feel used by someone you trusted.” – Unknown.
Quotes About Being Taken Advantage of by Family
Being taken advantage of by close family members can be difficult to handle, especially if they hold a prominent place in your life.
- “Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it’s the place where we find the deepest heartache.” – Iyanla Vanzant.
- “Blood makes you related; loyalty makes you family.” – Unknown.
- “Sometimes the people who are supposed to love you the most are the ones who hurt you the most.” – Unknown.
- “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox.
- “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs, the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.” – Unknown.
- “Kindness should never be taken for granted; it’s a gift that should be cherished.” – Unknown.
- “Don’t exploit someone’s good intentions; it reflects poorly on your own character.” – Unknown.
- “Being kind doesn’t mean being naive, it means treating others with respect and empathy.” – Unknown.
- “Never take advantage of someone’s vulnerability, it’s a sign of moral bankruptcy.” – Unknown.
- “Kindness is a virtue that should be reciprocated, not used as a means of manipulation.” – Unknown.
Hurt Quotes About Being Taken Advantage of
Feeling taken advantage of can be painful. Here are some quotes to express the pain and hurt that comes with these feelings.
- “It hurts when you realize you were never really as important to someone as they pretended you were.” – Unknown.
- “Being taken for granted is a form of betrayal.” – Unknown.
- “It’s hard to trust someone who has taken advantage of you before.” – Unknown.
- “The worst feeling is feeling used and not valued.” – Unknown.
- “It’s hurtful when someone takes advantage of your kindness and generosity.” – Unknown.
- “It’s hard to forgive someone who has taken advantage of your trust.” – Unknown.
- “It’s hard to move on from being taken advantage of when you still care.” – Unknown.
- “It’s difficult to heal from the hurt of being taken advantage of, but it’s necessary for your own well-being.” – Unknown.
Quotes about being exploited are often used as inspiration and guidance by people.
These quotes provide insight into those who are prone to taking advantage of others; they also offer strategies on how to deal with such behavior in a constructive and positive way.
These quotes can be used to help people recognize when they are being exploited and to develop the skills to protect themselves.
These quotes offer wisdom and insight that can help us find the strength and courage to speak up for ourselves and build healthier and more fulfilling relationships in every area of our lives.